Diesen Beitrag gibt es auch auf Deutsch.
I made the sleeves from the same fabric as all other parts of the gown.
When I was decorating the forepart, I thought that I had to match the sleeves to this extremely decorated piece of clothing, this is why I have decorated the upper, outer sleeves with:
- about 50 rhinestones in various shapes and colors, in all possible attaching methods – sewn, glued and crimped on,
- c. 200 pearls in two different sizes,
- about 10 yards of couched cording with various golden cords,
- c. 20 yards of silver embroidery yarn, hand stitched,
- countless beads in gold and silver,
- c. 2 yards of bouillon wire which I stitched on.
In the end, the sleeves looked like this:
And now let’s go on to the skirt.