Navigation for this site: (it’s best to read the entire page from top to bottom, though) Introduction • Tudor Rose Brocade Sources & Introduction This dress is probably one of the quickest ever put together (at least of my gowns on this site). It’s probably also the gown for which I didn’t touch the […]
The skirt was probably the simplest thing of the whole gown. I’ve taken an approximately 140 inches (3,5 meter) long strip of fabric (note: the pattern on this fabric doesn’t run from left to right, as on most fabrics – it runs along the length of fabric), made a hem of about 10cm (4 inch) […]
When planning the forepart, I already knew that I had to make something really, really nice – because, let’s face it, the rest of the gown is rather plain for a coronation gown… First I wanted to use a plain fabric and over and over embroider it with Tudor roses in gold. But then I […]
Making of the bodice Well, not much to say… I’ve just started making it with the ‘Lady’s wardrobe’ patterns by Margo Anderson. Here are a few pictures of the first test fitting: Back of the bodice lining, pinned together. It’s a bit too long – which I did intentionally, so I will have a longer […]
Navigation for this site: (it’s best to read the entire page from top to bottom, though) Study of the portrait gown • Study of the movie costume Differences between portrait gown and movie costume How I want to make my gown & When I had the gown on my planning site, I wrote: I […]
I made the sleeves from the same fabric as all other parts of the gown. When I was decorating the forepart, I thought that I had to match the sleeves to this extremely decorated piece of clothing, this is why I have decorated the upper, outer sleeves with: about 50 rhinestones in various shapes and […]
The doublet was made the same way as the bodice. First, the lining, made of two layers of herringbone weave linen…: …then the outer shell of the doublet, sewn to the lining…: …and afterwards, hemming the sleeves holes down and adding hooks, eyes and a placket to the front.